Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Aristocrat Process Serving Innovative Proof of Legal Notification
  • To Begin Your Process
    Serve or Skip Trace
  • ~

Frequently Asked Questions

Process Serving FAQs

Q. What is Service of Process?

A. United States legal procedure requires that each party in a case be notified if actions are taken against them in a court of law. Process serving is an important aspect of the Due Process of Law to ensure notification.

Process serving laws and rules of civil procedure vary from state to state. People are notified of actions against them or court procedures involving them through the delivery of legal documents such as summons, complaints, subpoenas, orders to show cause, and writs. If the service of process is performed improperly, the administration of justice can be delayed or denied.

Q. Why should we use your process serving service?

A. At Aristocrat Process Serving, our goal is for our clients to be 100% satisfied. Our innovative technology and professional staff are your assurance that we will get the job done reliably, professionally, and cost-effectively.

Q. How long does it take to get papers served?

A. Turn-around-times vary. However, this is something that is usually determined by the client and is usually reflected in their fees.

Q. When will my documents be served?

A. That depends on the type of service you request. Aristocrat Process Serving offers the following types of service:

  • Routine Service –The first attempt will be made within 72 hours of receiving the service documents.
  • Rush and After-Hours Service – This type of service is requested when the documents are to be served at a specific time or the same day. Also, this service applies when documents need to be served between the hours of 9 pm and 7 am.
  • Emergency Rush Service –This type of service is requested when an attempt for delivery is needed right away. The server will be dispatched to serve your documents immediately.

Q. How do I know my documents have been served?

A. We offer our clients a free Web Services Package that automatically generates an email when service is completed and updated in our system. This innovative tool keeps job status at our clients’ fingertips. In the office, at home, or somewhere else altogether, our clients can access the status of their papers 24 hours a day, seven days a week!

Our staff members are happy to provide phone assistance to our clients without computer access.

Q. What if the person does not accept the papers?

A. In most cases, service does not have to be accepted to be considered effective. If the defendant comes to the door but refuses the papers, the process server may just have to leave them at their feet and walk away. In some states, proper service has been perfected if the person admits to being the defendant and/or they actually touch or are touched with the papers. Please refer to the service of process laws in your state for additional information regarding accepted serving procedures.

Q. Do you provide an affidavit or return of service?

A. We generate an affidavit when service is complete. We can also use your affidavit if you have a specific one that needs to be used.

Q. When do you expect payment for your services?

A. We offer flexible invoicing with our local and bulk-rate clients. We will be happy to discuss specific details with you.

For all first-time and out-of-state clients, pre-payment is required. We accept cash, check, money orders and most major credit cards.

Skip Tracing FAQs

Q. What is skip tracing?

A. Skip tracing describes the process of locating a person who cannot easily be found, usually for a criminal or civil legal proceeding. A skip tracer is a person who performs this task. Often, the person has deliberately fled (or “skipped town”) to avoid being haled into court. People who skip may be out on bail or be the subject of a bench warrant. They may also be trying to avoid getting served with legal papers such as a civil lawsuit, or they may be trying to avoid creditors and bill collectors.

When people don’t want to be found, hiring a professional to trace their whereabouts is a necessary and expedient means of locating them.

Q. Why should we use your skip tracing service?

A. We never leave any stone unturned. We are committed to finding the people and businesses you need to find. We utilize our proprietary Aristocrat People Finder database along with other specialized databases and neighborhood canvasses to gather our intelligence. We accomplish our skip tracing tasks through our efficient and professional protocol and deliver the results straight to you!

Q. What information do you need to start the Skip Trace process?

A. The more information you provide, the greater the chances of locating the skip. Some of the basic information we need is:

  • Full name
  • Social Security number
  • Date of birth
  • Last known address
  • Last known employer
  • Vehicle and driver’s license information
  • Any other information you have available

Q. How do you skip trace or find people?

A. We utilize Aristocrat People Finder, our proprietary skip tracing tool, as well as other specialized databases and investigative techniques.

Q. Are there people who cannot be found?

A. Certainly, but the percentage is relatively small if one is persistent enough. People who change their names, use alternate social security numbers or frequently change residences can be difficult to find. That is why our clients benefit from our expertise.

Q. How long will it take to get the results of my Skip Trace?

A. Normal turn-around time is ten days or less. Some “hard-to-find people” may take longer. At your request, we will update you daily.

Q. How much do you charge for skip tracing?

A. Bulk and individual skip tracing services to locate individuals and debtors are available for a reasonable fee. The price is determined by the information provided to start a search. Please call us for a customized price quote.

***If you are a process serving client and the address provided for service is incorrect, we conduct a basic skip trace to obtain a new address. These basic skip tracing services are included in our flat-rate price.

Court Services FAQs

Q. What are court services?

A. Court services refer to the assistance we provide in relation to your interaction with the courts. Court services include filing legal papers at the courthouse, as well as retrieving documents from the courthouse and delivering them to your office.

Q. Why should we use you for court services?

A. Filing court papers is a vital part of your practice, but it can be a time-consuming interruption to your busy day. Also, you may not be intimately familiar with the process and procedures at a particular courthouse, but we perform these services every day. We can handle these essential but mundane tasks on your behalf, so you can focus your time on winning your case. You can trust the experienced professionals at Aristocrat Process Serving to perform court services for you in a timely, accurate and professional manner.

Q. How will I know my papers were filed?

A. We obtain appropriate records, copies and receipts from the courthouse and upload them to your account in our client portal. You’ll be able to securely access, view and download these records, usually the same day the papers are filed with the court.

Records Retrieval FAQs

Q. What is records retrieval?

A. Your case may hinge on the information contained in medical records, financial records or other documents. Records retrieval refers to the process of requesting and obtaining those records, which may require jumping through hoops and extensive follow-up to make sure the right records are delivered on time.

Q. Why should I use Aristocrat Process Serving for records retrieval?

Even when the records belong to your own client, getting a hold of those records can be a challenging and frustrating experience. Our trained and professional staff dedicate themselves to getting the records you need. Our team is diligent and tenacious when it comes to dealing with busy doctors’ offices, byzantine hospital records departments, major financial institutions and others.

Q. How are records delivered to me?

A. All records are scanned and uploaded to our online client portal, so that you can access them at any time, no matter where you are. We’ll also take the time to organize records according to your specifications or in a way that makes common sense, such as grouping together admissions records, billing statements, surgical records and progress notes. Medical records can be voluminous; we’ll do our part to streamline the process for you.

Evictions FAQs

Q. How does Aristocrat Process Serving help with evictions?

A. Our professional, court-approved process servers can serve tenants with the notice to quit, a summons and complaint, or some other legal process. Our court services professionals can file required documents with the court. Additionally, our records retrieval team can help retrieve financial documents in a dispute over payment.

Q. What is the eviction process in Kansas?

A. The landlord gives the tenant notice to pay rent or correct some other lease violation. This notice may be delivered by hand or sent through certified mail. The tenant has 14 days to comply. If the tenant does not comply, the landlord can file an eviction in district court.

Q. What is the eviction process in Missouri?

A. Landlords must have just cause to evict. They initiate the process by giving notice to the tenant and filing with the court. If the cause for eviction is something other than nonpayment of rent, the tenant has ten days to avoid eviction by correcting the violation.

Q. What is the eviction process in Iowa?

A. The landlord gives the tenant a three-day notice to comply with the terms of the lease. This notice may be hand-delivered or sent via certified mail. If the tenant does not comply, the landlord can file an eviction lawsuit in district court.

Q. What is the eviction process in California?

A. Notice of a lease violation can be hand-delivered to any resident of the premises who is 18 years old or older, or the notice may be sent through certified mail. Upon receipt of the notice, the tenant has three days to correct the stated lease violation. If not corrected, the landlord files an Unlawful Detainer complaint. The tenant then has five days to file a rebuttal or leave the property.

Q. What is the eviction process in Florida?

A. If the issue is nonpayment of rent, the landlord gives the tenant a three-day notice to quit or pay the rent. For any other lease violation, the landlord gives the tenant a seven-day notice to correct the violation or quit the premises. If the tenant does not comply within the designated timeframe, the landlord can file a summons and complaint in district court. The tenant has five days to respond. If no response, the tenant may then have 24 hours to quit the property or be removed.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn


  • We have been pleased with the speed and efficiency by Aristocrat in obtaining medical records to support our litigated claims process. The flexibility of their technology along with their outstanding ...

    — David H.
    National Property and Casualty Insurance Company
  • From the start Aristocrat Process Serving has provided us with excellent, and dependable service. Their courteous and efficient staff never hesitate to go above and beyond in making sure our services ...

    — Chanel C.
    Kansas, Iowa, and Missouri Collection Firm.
  • I have worked with several process serving companies and after working with Aristocrat I have never been more impressed. Not only do they have great results but they are quick and their staff is frien...

    — Chey Stark
    Kansas Collection Law Firm
  • Previous
  • Next
Skip footer and go back to main navigation